Beethoven-Ohrenberger – Parent Council Agenda – November 15, 2016
- The Ohrenberger Football team won their playoff game today….on to the Championship Game!!
- The Community Service Club for 7th and 8th graders is working on a project to send care packages to the troops. Keep an eye out for donation requests.
- Outerwear Exchange (Suzanne Loconto, Cathy Ware & Gina Cronin)
Please continue to send in used winter outerwear and/or come by to select winter wear. If you cannot stop by and would like items, please contact Suzanne at the Beethoven (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Cathy at the Ohrenberger (email@example.com)
- Book Exchange continues at both schools – Thank you Karen Kefalas for getting this up and running at the Ohrenberger. If you email Karen, she will come by your house and pick them up! firstname.lastname@example.org Please continue to send in books to donate and take books if you like.
- Savers Fundraiser – Thank you Suzanne Loconto. It went very well! We will do another one in the Spring.
- Bake Sale – It went great!!! Thank you to all who baked and worked it! Great job, Cathy Ware organizing such a successful event!
- Parents Rock – Chairperson Rebecca Cavallaro has formed a committee and planning has begun. The event will be held on March 31st at the Elks Hall in West Roxbury. Please contact Rebecca if you’re interested in being on the committee email@example.com
- Making Music Matters (Britt Young, Joan Chan & Blanca Monteiro) – working with a consultant to explore funding options.
- Box Tops (Kristen Trull) – The fall submission went pretty well. Keep clipping them, as there is another submission in the Spring.
- Other Products that can support our schools:
- Sunny D and Fruit2O labels – please send in product label UPCs to either school, for each label/code, we get one book.
- Coca-Cola Products – please send beverage bottle caps and box codes into ether school. All points are converted to cash and paid directly to the school
- Author visit – Jane Sutton’s visit to the Beethoven has been rescheduled for Thursday November 17. She will be visiting the Ohrenberger on November 18th, as originally planned.
- International Night (Chairpersons: Erin Hannon-Foley & Shana Madjlessi) – Thursday, November 17, 5-7pm. Bring your favorite dish to be shared.
- Parent Council Meet & Greet for new Beethoven parents (Suzanne, Cathy & Gina) – Keep an eye out for a coffee social in December.
- Five Below Fundraiser (Kristen) -Shop for the holidays while supporting our schools! December 3-4th 10% of the total dollars spent go back to the school.
- Book Fair (Beth Rimas & Cathy) – Week of December 12-16. We will need volunteers. Keep an eye out for an email to sign-up to work at either school.
- Holiday Shows – Grades 1,2,3 – December 13– 9:30; Grades K1 & K2 – December 14- 9:30am; Ohrenberger- December 16th
- Launch Fundraiser (Lisa Burns) – January 3, 2017. 20% of proceeds go back to the school.
- Need a co-chair for Arts & Crafts Day (February) –Thank you to Eddie Siracusa and Chrissy Grant for volunteering to co-chair. More details to follow.
- “Think A Head”, of the Brain Injury Assoc. of America, will come visit the Beethoven in March to present on avoiding brain injury.
- Trying to brainstorm ideas to liven up the Ohrenberger library and utilize the space more. It was suggested that Simmons College has a program where they will send students out to help re-organize.
- Maybe decorate the walls.
- Looking for ideas/suggestions
Tuesday December 13th at the Beethoven. Childcare will be provided.