For the latest information on events and activities, join the Beethoven Parent Council Google Group. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join.
2015-2016 BEETHOVEN-OHRENBERGER SCHOOL EVENTS:
- Book Fair, week of December 14 – Scholastic books are available for browsing and purchasing by students and parents. Teachers create a wishlist of books that they would like for the classroom.
- Launch and Friendly’s Fundraiser, January 4 – A day to visit Launch Trampoline Park in Norwood and Friendly’s Restaurant in Norwood. A portion of the proceeds will go to our schools.
- Souper Bowl Food Drive, week of January 18 – Classes collect non-perishable goods to benefit a local food pantry.
- Craft Day, February 6 (snow day Feb 27) – Fun morning of crafting in the Ohrenberger cafeteria
- Plaster Fun Time Fundraiser, TBD – A day to visit Plaster Fun Time in Dedham. A portion of the proceeds will go to our schools.
- Bake Sale, March 1 – An all day fundraiser on Election Day. Many bakers and volunteers needed.
- International Night (Ohrenberger), March 16 – Potluck night at the Ohrenberger. Families bring food representing their origins.
- Restaurant Fundraiser, TBD – A day to eat at a local restaurant (TBD) and a portion of the proceeds will go to our schools.
- Collection for the Troops, TBD – A collection of necessities and goodies to be shipped overseas.
- Parents Rock!, April 1 – A fabulous parents-only evening event with food, drinks and raffles.
- Park Party (Beethoven), April 14 – New this year! A dance party in the newly renovated Beethoven playground.
- Teacher Appreciation Days, starting on May 6 – A week-long celebration for the Beethoven teachers and staff.
- Field Days, June 8–10 – A fun day that includes potato sack races, freeze dancing, slushies and more!
We encourage all parents to initiate and manage new events. All projects are reviewed by the Parent Council officers, Mr. P, and Ms Krakow who have final approval. If a project requires funding, it should be submitted to the Parent Council for a vote. Please include a description of the project, the estimated costs, and any fundraising you might initiate to help with the costs (grants, donations of products or services, etc).
We are always collecting Box Tops, Labels for Education, Coke Rewards, Ink cartridges and rewards from Stop & Shop cards. We have an ongoing book exchange and uniform exchange.
**Events are for both schools unless indicated. Dates are subject to change