Updates from the Principal:
- Parking Lot Concerns: It’s been a difficult year in the parking lot. If you park in the lot please pull up as far as you can. If you are in a hurry or afraid of getting stuck then it would be better to park elsewhere. Please do not park on the curve at the end of the lot – this blocks others from pulling in to empty spaces in the middle.
- MCAS will be starting at the Ohrenberger. Only a few students will be testing at the Beethoven.
- Ohrenberger now has a Double Dutch team which went to its first competition.
Parents Rock is happening on April 4th from 6:30pm-10:30pm at the Elks Lodge (248 Spring St.) in West Roxbury.
- This is a great opportunity to socialize with Beethoven and Ohrenberger parents and staff without the kids.
- Great music and food will be provided.
- Michele and her committee have gotten enough donations from local businesses to cover the rental of the hall.
- Bring cash for raffle tickets!!! OVER 100 RAFFLE PRIZES!!!!!
- Help is needed to sell raffle tickets. Please email Michele Sarro at email@example.com if you can sell for 30-60 minutes during the evening.
- Raffle tickets went home with students to sell for 3 big prizes (1st prize: IPAD, 2nd prize: Kindle, 3rd prize: 2 Red Sox Tickets).
- Family and friends are welcome to attend.
Movie Night: We will be showing a really cold, recently released, PG movie (for more details call the school). Thursday April 10 in Beethoven Auditorium for grades K1-2nd grade. 5:30-7:30pm. Pizza and snacks will be provided. Volunteers are needed to run the event. Donations of mini water bottles are also needed. Look for a flyer to come home in students’ folders. Contact Kathleen Hubbard at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
Book Donations: If you have books at home that you are no longer reading please consider donating them to the school. We are hoping to collect a supply of books for teachers to choose from to send home with students who need them. Bring donations to the office or drop them in the parent room.
Teacher Appreciation, week of May 5
A weeklong celebration for the Beethoven teachers and staff including a breakfast, chair massages and a luncheon. Creative ideas for activities or gifts are welcome. Contact Karen Kefalas or Jill Maguire
Field Day, June 4
A fun day that includes potato sack races, freeze dancing, slushies and more! This is a Beethoven event for K1-2nd graders. Volunteers needed – Contact Katie Tattan or Christine Lynch