- The Parent Council meets the 2nd Tuesday of every month from 6:30pm-7:30pm in the Beethoven School auditorium. Childcare is provided.
- Fundraiser info has gone out to families. Instead of selling items, families are asked to contribute whatever they would like. A goal for this year is to raise money toward a new computer lab.
- Adrienne Yapo and Cindy Ho are in the process of updating the Beethoven website with Mr. Gavin, the computer teacher at the Ohrenberger, to develop a combined site for both schools. They would love to hear feedback from parents about the current site and what you would like to see on the new site. Please click on the link provided to take a brief survey to help them create the best school website for you: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/98RQH7W. If you have questions about the survey or the website in general, please email Adrienne Yapo at email@example.com.
- BTVN car decal are for sale. Order forms went home with students. If you do not have a form, but would like to place an order, you can send $3 (per decal) in an envelope to school with your child. Please be sure to include your student’s name, classroom/teacher, and number of decals you want.
- We are always collecting Sunny D Labels and Box Tops for Education.
- Stop & Shop cards must be registered every year in order for the Beethoven to earn money based on purchases made. For details on how to register your (or a friend’s card) see the Beethoven website.
- There is a suggestion box available to all parents in the Parent Center.
- There is also a Parent Council mailbox in the office.
Saturday October 13 at 11am: There will be a ribbon cutting for our new playground gate with Chestnut Hill Realty and the Mayor. Chestnut Hill Realty will be given thank you notes from Beethoven students.
November 6, 6:30am-8:00pm: Election Day Bake Sale. Flyers will go home to parents asking them to bake and/or volunteer. We hope to have additional tables this year and will need more bakers and volunteers than last year.
November 15: International Night. This is still in the planning stages. It will be a potluck with families being asked to bring foods from different countries. We will need donations of water and juice boxes as well as volunteers to set up and clean up. We will also need people to float around to ensure things are running smoothly. Time of the event is TBD.
November/December: There will be an outerwear exchange in which families can donate jackets, mittens, hats, etc. and pick up items they may need. Any extras will be donated to a local charity.
December 10-14: Scholastic Book Fair during the week of the Holiday Shows. Kristin Macchi will be organizing it again this year. We will need many volunteers. Teachers and the librarian will be asked to provide lists of books they would like. If there is enough interest the fair may be open one day until afterschool is over or possibly one evening that week.
Quick preview of 2013 activities
- Arts and Crafts Day: Feb 9
- Canned Food Drive: Jan/Feb
- Movie Night: April 25
- Our Parents Rock (Friday March 1 at Elks in West Roxbury)
- Teacher Appreciation Week: May
- Field Day: June 6 (Rain Date June 7)
- Uniform Exchange: Spring
- Welcome Play Date for K1 & K2: August
The K1 teachers, Mrs. Diaz and Mrs. Shields, have posted projects on Donorschoose.org. They are hoping to raise money to buy much needed supplies for their classrooms. If you make a donation before October 15th and use the code PUMPKIN, it will be matched. If you would like to make a donation please click this link: http://www.donorschoose.org/donors/search.html?state=MA&community=7213:2&school=62837