The Parent Council meeting was held this past Tuesday. The following was discussed:
- The next Bake Sale is scheduled for Tuesday November 3rd (Election Day). Volunteer sign-up sheets will go home this week (by Tuesday) — we appreciate any time you can give and any sweets you can send in! Irish Soda Bread is always a huge hit with the voters, and we also had a few requests last time for some sugar-free treats. We didn’t get many chocolate chip cookies last time (if you were like me, you probably figured there would be plenty of those and didn’t make them) and had many requests for those.
- The group voted in favor of taking $100 off proceeds from the bake sale to put together a Lotto ticket gift basket to raffle off at the teachers’ fundraiser, the Jim Plunkett Night at the Elks on Friday November 6th. Tickets are still available for the adults-only night out at $20 per person.
- Movie Night will be held on Tuesday November 10th from 5:30-8. RSVP notices will be sent home that week. As always, desserts (cookies, brownies, etc. Again, NO NUTS please!) are always welcome! John Tobin (Jamie K2) offered to look into borrowing a projection/sound system that may work better than the school’s. If there’s anyone willing to bring a blue recycling container (small or large) to the movie night and then take it home full please do! We will need quite a few bins, so we will be sure to send out an email reminder as we get closer to the event.
- The idea of “room mothers” came up and the council will discuss with Principal Nash. For now, we have a “class list” document that has been approved and can be used to generate a list of contact info for the students in your child’s class. We received some suggestions for changes to the document and will make the necessary modifications, get it re-approved by Ms. Nash and have it kept on file in the office. For those of you who volunteered to organize the class lists for your child’s room (Tammy, Jennifer, Monica, Harneen, John, Kris, Aimee and Beth) we’ll email you the new form (with explicit directions) by Wednesday.
- Please take a moment to check out the new Beethoven School webpage created by Tammy Schuetz Cook (mom to Chance, K1): https://beethovenbps.wordpress.com She has done an amazing job putting it all together! It will be linked to the BPS site as well.
THERE WILL BE NO MEETING IN NOVEMBER — Our next meeting will be TUESDAY, DECEMBER 8th. We will discuss our BOOKFAIR PARENT SHOPPING NIGHT and thinking ahead to a possible “GO GREEN” night for the whole school in January or February 2010 (Tammy Schuetz Cook to chair event).